On the Wire - Radio Lancashire - Home

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Playlist - 19th April 2008

Audio

Scientist - Mr Babylon Dub - Jamaican Recordings
Jahtari - Samurai Showdown - Net 7"
Blackmass Plastic - Do the Mash - Combat
The Mountain Goats - Sept 15th 1983
The Animal Collective - Water Curses - Domino
Half Man Half Biscuit - Evening Of Swing (Has Been Cancelled) - Probe Plus
White Denim - Let's Talk Aboy It - Full Time Hobby
Friska Viljor - Oh Oh - Crying Bob Records
A Toys Orchestra - Cornice Dance - Urtovox
Evil Jack McDeath - Interference - PUMF
Hayman, Watkins, Trout & Lee - Sly and the Family Stone - Fortunapop
Di Naye Kapelye - Schwartz's Sirba/ A Briv Fun Yisroel - Rough Guide
Justin Currie - No Surrender - Rykodisc
Miracle Fortress - Maybe Lately - Rough Trade

Clash On the Wire - Straight To The Head – I Roy vs. Prince Jazzbo

Creation of the clash - two of the rhythms, x amount of the lyrics and even one of the original protagonists, but, most of all, the spirit of this first on record clash was resurrected over a decade later for the I Roy/Prince Jazzbo bout…

Derrick Morgan – Forward March –Beverley’s 7” (prod. Leslie Kong)
Derrick Morgan – The Blazing Fire –Beverley’s 7” (prod. Leslie Kong)
Prince Buster – Rough Rider –Fab 7” (prod. Prince Buster)
Prince Buster – Hard Man Fe Dead - Soulsville Center 7” (prod. Prince Buster)
Prince Buster - Black Head China Man –

“Prince Buster and I were good friends until I left him for Beverley’s and after ‘Forward March’ in 1962 he wrote a song about me called ‘Black Head China Man’ “

Derrick Morgan 17th July 2003

“And Derrick answered with ‘The Blazing Fire’ which he introduced in the Chinese language and then sung ‘Be still and know I’m your superior’.”

Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee 17th August 2006

Johnny Clarke – Do You Love Me – Bar Bell 7” (prod. Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee)
I Roy - Straight To Jazzbo’s Head
I Roy – Version – Bar Bell 7” (prod. Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee)
Prince Jazzbo - Straight To I Roy’s Head
Version – Black Art 7” (prod. Pete Weston)
I Roy - Jazzbo Have Fe Run
Version – Micron 7” (prod. Pete Weston)
Prince Jazzbo – Gal Boy I Roy –Justice 7” (prod. Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee)
King Tubby & The Aggrovators - The Roots Of Dub –
King Tubby Presents The Roots Of Dub, Total Sounds LP (prod. Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee)
Derrick Morgan - I Roy The Chiney Commer Around
King Tubby & The Aggrovators - Straight To I Roy’s Big Mouth - Attack 7” (prod. Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee)
I Roy - Straight To Derrick Morgan’s Head
King Tubby & The Aggrovators - Straight To Trico Lee’s Head –Total Sounds 7” (prod. Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee)
I Roy - Padlock
Padlock Version – Steady 7” (prod. Jo Jo Hookim)
Johnny Clarke – Do You Love Me – Bar Bell 7” (prod. Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee)

“It generated some life inna the music business! All of those things happened up at Tubby’s…”
Bunny ‘Striker’ Lee 17th August 2006

Selected by Harry Hawke